Foods That Cure – Avocado Cures
This precious fruit originated in the forests of Central and South America. The Western World got it’s introduction when Spanish explores found it thriving in the forests of Columbia in 1509. The word itself is derived from the Aztec term ahvactl. However, it was not until the 19th century, some 400 years after its discovery, that avocados were grown commercially in the United States. Today, North America produces more avocados than any other region in the world.
The avocado has been unfairly maligned. This is largely due to the fat content. However, the fat content is no reason to avoid it. Rather, avocados are an exceptionally valuable food. In fact, they are one of the most nutritious of all known foods, containing a greater density of nutrients than more commonly eaten foods, including corn, what, oats, dark green leafy veggies, and even milk.
Top Avocado Tips
- Never refrigerate avocados; the cold damages the flesh and disturbs the flavor.
- After peeling, remove any discolored regions; since the discoloration is a sign of spoilage.
- Check the avocado carefully for firmness before buying. If they are spongy or if they have soggy pockets, do not buy them.
- Avocados are the finest of all types of baby foods.
- Fat lends itself with fat. This means that avocados taste great with other fatty foods.
Top Avocado Cures
- They are the finest food to serve to a malnourished individual. In other words, if the person has a difficulty maintaining weight, avocados are the perfect food for gaining weight and muscle mass.
- Poor complexion or chronic skin disease, avocados provide certain curative oils which help regenerate the skin and protect it from disease.
- If you are suffering from hair loss eat avocados daily. For severe hair loss especially in women eat up to 3 avocados a day. Avocados contain special oils which aid in the regeneration of hair follicles, stimulating the growth of new hair.
- Avocados are very filling. Eat them as a natural appetite suppressant, that is good for the body. The natural fats in avocados balance the fuel needs of the body and slow the emptying of the stomach, so you will stay full longer.
- Cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, stroke, heart failure, or any other type of heart disease–eat avocados. Yes, avocados are a top food for the heart. They are rich in the fuel fats needed by the heart for its normal energy production.
To read more about foods that cure check out Cass Ingram’s Super Market Remedies – Cure Yourself with food here